Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Aleksey Yeschenko <al...@apache.org> on 2016/08/24 15:25:21 UTC

3.8/3.9 releases/branch freeze, current merge order

TL;DR: cassandra-3.8 branch is dead; cassandra-3.9 is frozen, unless you are committing the fix for #12140 or #12528.
For everything else go cassandra-3.0 -> trunk.

There has been some confusion regarding the current branch merge order that I’d like to clarify.

As you’ve seen from Joel’s last email, we are close to full Code Green status on casandra-3.9 branch, with one dtest and one upgrade test failing.

As soon as those two issues are resolved, we’ll be starting off the long delayed 3.8+3.9 votes.

What does it mean for the merge order? It means that unless you are committing the fix for CASSANDRA-12140 (the one failing dtest),
or the fix for CASSANDRA-12528 (the one failing upgrade test), you should skip cassandra-3.9 branch altogether and merge directly
into trunk (to become 3.10 eventually).

For all other tickets consider the branch to be frozen. On a related note, cassandra-3.8 branch is dead, and should be skipped altogether.

--
AY

Re: 3.8/3.9 releases/branch freeze, current merge order

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@mebigfatguy.com>.
It's basically just removing a tag, nothing more. Completely trivial.

---

Posted by Aleksey Yeschenko <al...@apache.org>.
No worries. It was a somewhat.. messy thread.

And it’s taken us a while to get the tests to this level, so it’s somewhat far away in time in the past.

--
AY

On 24 August 2016 at 20:43:39, Mark Thomas (markt@apache.org) wrote:

On 24/08/2016 20:26, Aleksey Yeschenko wrote:
> No. Removing a dead branch is just mindless admin work.
>
> As for 3.8/3.9 plans, look up the previous quite lengthy vote discussion on 3.8, on dev.

Thanks. Found it. Just need to go back a little further in the archive.

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aleksey Yeschenko <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.