Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by vbhasin <vi...@dellteam.com> on 2011/06/24 20:08:26 UTC

How to resolve Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.springframework.web.util; version="3.0.0"?

Hello:

I'm unable to activate a bundle and am getting - "could not be resolved.
Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.springframework.web.util;
version="3.0.0"".

What configuration setting am I missing?

Thanks!

Re: How to resolve Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.springframework.web.util; version="3.0.0"?

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
A) which features do you use? Sprjng-web?

B) 3.0.0 seams quite odd. The maven bundle plugin should rather create a
version larger or equal to 3?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Posted by mikevan <mv...@comcast.net>.
vbhasin:

This error usually arises when one bundle has an explicit relationship to a
package exported by another bundle.  To fix this, do the following:
1) ensure that the packages isn't already available within Karaf
root@karaf> exports | grep org.springframework.web.util

2) If that command doesn't return anything, then you should find the bundle
that contains the package you need, and install that into your container.
Doing a simple search for that package on a sonatype repository should let
you see the proper bundle.

Please try this and let me know if it helps.

vbhasin wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm unable to activate a bundle and am getting - "could not be resolved.
> Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.springframework.web.util;
> version="3.0.0"".
>
> What configuration setting am I missing?
>
> Thanks!

-----
Mike Van (aka karafman)
Karaf Team (Contributor)