Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Russ Pridemore <ru...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/19 21:39:35 UTC

tiling patterns

I'm attempting to implement a graphics library that uses the Java 2D
operations and convert those into PDF using pdfbox.  The basics are working
perfectly.  Some of the fancier effects, however, I'm having trouble
understanding how to implement.

For example, I can fill a path with an image in Java using the TexturePaint
class.  PDF also supports something very similar called tiling patterns.
But it isn't at all obvious to me how to create the Pattern ColorSpace and
insert images into it.  Does anyone have an example of something like this?

Thanks,
Russ