Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2006/03/25 21:53:59 UTC

Dependency manager

After making some small changes, I committed the initial version of the
dependency manager to the Felix repository. In short I made sure the code
compiles using JDK 1.4.2 (ultimately, I want it to compile on the minimum
execution environment). I also changed the package name to
org.apache.felix.dependencymanager and I added a maven "pom.xml".

Please take a look at the build and report any issues you see. I am not that
experienced using maven yet.

Furthermore, Peter Neubauer offered to contribute his changes to the
dependency manager for incorporation into Felix. Does he need to sign a
software grant for this to be possible? I would love to add his work.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Dependency manager

Posted by Peter Neubauer <pe...@neubauer.se>.
Hi all,
On Sunday 26 March 2006 10:52, Upayavira wrote:
> Yeah. I think so. Have him submit a patch via JIRA, with the 'grant
> license' (or whatever) tickbox checked.
Will start to investigate the patch tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

/peter

Re: Dependency manager

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> On Saturday 25 March 2006 21:57, Upayavira wrote:
>>

>>> How substantial are his changes?
>>>

>> He described his changes a while ago on this webpage:
>>
>> http://wiki.ops4j.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=pax:xenotron
>>
>> In short:
>> 1. Introduction of ConfigurationDependencies
>> 2. Ability to monitor the progress of the service assembly via
>>     the ServiceMonitor
>> 3. Converted to Java 1.4 (to be continued to Foundation 1.0)
>>
>> I already did step change #3 myself (that was fairly trivial).
>>
>> From a classes point of view he added a couple of classes.
>>
> Sounds to me like a patch should suffice.  No need for a CLA.  What do
> you think Upayavira?

Yeah. I think so. Have him submit a patch via JIRA, with the 'grant
license' (or whatever) tickbox checked.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Dependency manager

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Marcel Offermans wrote:
> On Saturday 25 March 2006 21:57, Upayavira wrote:
>

>> How substantial are his changes?
>>

> He described his changes a while ago on this webpage:
>
> http://wiki.ops4j.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=pax:xenotron
>
> In short:
> 1. Introduction of ConfigurationDependencies
> 2. Ability to monitor the progress of the service assembly via
>     the ServiceMonitor
> 3. Converted to Java 1.4 (to be continued to Foundation 1.0)
>
> I already did step change #3 myself (that was fairly trivial).
>
> From a classes point of view he added a couple of classes.

Sounds to me like a patch should suffice.  No need for a CLA.  What do
you think Upayavira?

Alex

Re: Dependency manager

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@xs4all.nl>.
On Saturday 25 March 2006 21:57, Upayavira wrote:

> How substantial are his changes?

He described his changes a while ago on this webpage:

http://wiki.ops4j.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=pax:xenotron

In short:
1. Introduction of ConfigurationDependencies
2. Ability to monitor the progress of the service assembly via
    the ServiceMonitor
3. Converted to Java 1.4 (to be continued to Foundation 1.0)

I already did step change #3 myself (that was fairly trivial).

From a classes point of view he added a couple of classes.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Dependency manager

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.