Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2001/09/05 21:30:14 UTC

names with spaces

Hi,

Is there any way I can have Velocity references includes spaces?

My users are allowed to have spaces in the names of simulation decisions.
They reference these decisions in velocity.  If the decision is "CarPrice",
they use the following Velocity syntax:

   $Decisions.CarPrice  or   $Decisions.CarPrice.Value

But they are allowed to make the name "Car Price".
   $Decisions.Car Price     clearly doesn't work.

Is there a way to use quotes or braces to make the space part of the
reference?

Thanks for the help, WILL

_______________________________________
Forio Business Simulations
Will Glass-Husain
(415) 440-7500 phone
(415) 235-4293 mobile

wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: names with spaces

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 9/5/01 3:30 PM, "Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@forio.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way I can have Velocity references includes spaces?
>
> My users are allowed to have spaces in the names of simulation decisions.
> They reference these decisions in velocity.  If the decision is "CarPrice",
> they use the following Velocity syntax:
>
>  $Decisions.CarPrice  or   $Decisions.CarPrice.Value
>
> But they are allowed to make the name "Car Price".
>  $Decisions.Car Price     clearly doesn't work.
>
> Is there a way to use quotes or braces to make the space part of the
> reference?
>
> Thanks for the help, WILL

No :)

geir