Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Nikolai Teofilov <ko...@me.com> on 2010/12/08 21:34:05 UTC

SSE for _changes feed...?

I found this nice post today about the Server-Send Event:  http://www.html5rocks.com/tutorials/eventsource/basics/
and was wondering is there any thoughts on implementation of this technique for monitoring the _changes feed, as alternative to the longpoll.

I am asking just because CouchDB is not only a one NoSQL database with REST interface but also a platform that involve any kind innovative of techniques around the web.

Cheers
Nikolai

SSE for _changes feed...?

Posted by Nikolai Teofilov <n....@gmail.com>.

Re: SSE for _changes feed...?

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Nikolai Teofilov <ko...@me.com> wrote:
> I found this nice post today about the Server-Send Event:  http://www.html5rocks.com/tutorials/eventsource/basics/
> and was wondering is there any thoughts on implementation of this technique for monitoring the _changes feed, as alternative to the longpoll.
>
> I am asking just because CouchDB is not only a one NoSQL database with REST interface but also a platform that involve any kind innovative of techniques around the web.
>
> Cheers
> Nikolai

Neat. Looks like it exists in Chrome already. Anyone know about the others?