Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Caron, Michael R" <mi...@lmco.com> on 2005/01/24 20:55:47 UTC

Opening an SVG image to a certain scale

Hi all,

I'd like to open an SVG file to certain dimensions. Essentially, create
a thumbnail, but forget about the original sizes. I've tried to go with
the code example from the Squiggle app, but I can't seem to get any
output. I've looked at the transcoding option, but that doesn't do what
I want. What I want is to load up a bunch of svgs into a grid of svg
tiles no bigger than 40px x 40px. I figured I could do a transform after
the GVTTree was built, but that just gave me some null pointers.

Any ideas?

Michael Caron
Software Development
IR&D - PCES Program
x4889

Re: Opening an SVG image to a certain scale

Posted by Andres Toussaint <an...@onemileup.com>.
Is each of your SVG tiles a separate JSVGCanvas?

Or are you loading your SVG Tiles as <image> elements?

What is your output? A Java Swing window, a raster image, a web page?