Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/13 07:04:26 UTC

[VOTE] Accept Apache Nuvem as a Tuscany sub-project

Apache Nuvem will define an open application programming interface for common
cloud application services, allowing applications to be easily ported
across the most popular cloud platforms. It is currently composed of
multiple cloud SCA components (Data, Queue, Chat), and supports multiple
cloud platforms such as AWS, GAE, etc as well as standalone deployment.
Nuvem was accepted for Incubation on June, 2010, and several of the active
committers are already part of the Tuscany PMC.

Nuvem was accepted for Incubation on June 2010, and is currently a small
community, where the contributions are 100% done by volunteers in their own
free time, which makes the level of activity
low, compared to what is required for graduating it as a TLP.

Having said that, Nuvem has a great synergy with Apache Tuscany, and I'd
like to call a community vote to accept Nuvem as a sub-project of Apache
Tuscany (it could become Tuscany Cloud Components, or something like that).

Please cast your vote.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache Nuvem as a Tuscany sub-project

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
<js...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Apache Nuvem will define an open application programming interface for
>> common cloud application services, allowing applications to be easily ported
>> across the most popular cloud platforms. It is currently composed of
>> multiple cloud SCA components (Data, Queue, Chat), and supports multiple
>> cloud platforms such as AWS, GAE, etc as well as standalone deployment.
>> Nuvem was accepted for Incubation on June, 2010, and several of the active
>> committers are already part of the Tuscany PMC.
>>
>> Nuvem was accepted for Incubation on June 2010, and is currently a small
>> community, where the contributions are 100% done by volunteers in their own
>> free time, which makes the level of activity
>> low, compared to what is required for graduating it as a TLP.
>>
>> Having said that, Nuvem has a great synergy with Apache Tuscany, and I'd
>> like to call a community vote to accept Nuvem as a sub-project of Apache
>> Tuscany (it could become Tuscany Cloud Components, or something like that).
>>
>> Please cast your vote.
>

> +1
>
> - Jean-Sebastien

+1 from me

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache Nuvem as a Tuscany sub-project

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Apache Nuvem will define an open application programming interface for common
> cloud application services, allowing applications to be easily ported
> across the most popular cloud platforms. It is currently composed of
> multiple cloud SCA components (Data, Queue, Chat), and supports multiple
> cloud platforms such as AWS, GAE, etc as well as standalone deployment.
> Nuvem was accepted for Incubation on June, 2010, and several of the
> active committers are already part of the Tuscany PMC.
>
> Nuvem was accepted for Incubation on June 2010, and is currently a small
> community, where the contributions are 100% done by volunteers in their
> own free time, which makes the level of activity
> low, compared to what is required for graduating it as a TLP.
>
> Having said that, Nuvem has a great synergy with Apache Tuscany, and I'd
> like to call a community vote to accept Nuvem as a sub-project of Apache
> Tuscany (it could become Tuscany Cloud Components, or something like
> that).
>
> Please cast your vote.

+1

- Jean-Sebastien

Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache Nuvem as a Tuscany sub-project

Posted by Florian Pinel <pi...@us.ibm.com>.
+1 from me as well.

--
Florian Pinel
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center

From:   Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>
To:     "dev@tuscany.apache.org" <de...@tuscany.apache.org>,
Cc:     tuscany-dev <de...@tuscany.apache.org>
Date:   11/13/2012 01:26 AM
Subject:        Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache Nuvem as a Tuscany sub-project

+1 from me.

Sent from my iPad

wrote:
[...]

Here is my +1 to accept Nuvem as a Tuscany sub-project.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.