Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2014/05/05 16:33:29 UTC

[ANN] Struts 2.3.16.3 GA release available - security fix

The Apache Struts group is pleased to announce that Struts 2.3.16.3 is
available as a "General Availability" release.The GA designation is
our highest quality grade.

Apache Struts 2 is an elegant, extensible framework for creating
enterprise-ready Java web applications. The framework is designed to
streamline the full development cycle, from building, to deploying, to
maintaining applications over time.

This release includes important security fixes:
- S2-022 - Extends excluded params to avoid manipulation of Struts'
internals via CookieInterceptor

* http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/s2-022.html

All developers are strongly advised to update existing Struts 2
applications to Struts 2.3.16.3

Struts 2.3.16.3 is available in a full distribution, or as separate
library, source, example and documentation distributions, from the
releases page.
* http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts23163

The release is also available from the central Maven repository under
Group ID "org.apache.struts".

The 2.3.x series of the Apache Struts framework has a minimum
requirement of the following specification versions:
* Java Servlet 2.4 and JavaServer Pages (JSP) 2.0
* Java 2 Standard Platform Edition (J2SE) 5

The release notes are available online at:
* http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/version-notes-23163.html

Should any issues arise with your use of any version of the Struts
framework, please post your comments to the user list, and, if
appropriate, file a tracking ticket.appropriate, file a tracking
ticket:
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW

- The Apache Struts group.

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [ANN] Struts 2.3.16.3 GA release available - security fix

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
My mistake, 2.3.16.2 is affected as well. The question is do you use
CookieInterceptor and do you use "*" to catch all  cookies? If both
answer are yes, you should upgrade.

Posted by Tamer Erdogan <Ta...@vasco.com>.