Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au> on 2008/11/09 02:58:28 UTC

jira versions

I've assigned all tasks from 3.0M1 through to M5 to the correct
version in Jira and diffed the results against our RELEASE-NOTES.txt
file to ensure there were no mistakes.

There were however 45 issues which never made it onto the release
notes document:

https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10000&resolution=1&fixfor=10091&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

If anyone knows where they belong, please set the appropriate fix
version [1]. Don't forget that sometimes a task is fixed in more than
one version, so don't unintentionally deselect the other version.

Once this is done I suggest we regenerate the release note doc from
Jira and add that job to the list of things the release manager does
for each release.

Ari

[1] We can figure it out from svn numbering, but I've lost the will to
continue just now after assigning a thousand tasks.

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: jira versions

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 12/11/2008, at 11:43 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> Awesome work, Ari.  I tried to do this in the past and ran into all
> sorts of issues.  IIRC, it had to do with reopening closed issues to
> set a new fix version.  I'd be interested to know how you went about
> this.

Nothing particularly special. Just "edit" task and set the fix
version. Also, I made use of the bulk edit feature which let me choose
tasks en masse and change attributes. Then I exported the release
notes for each version, used a bit of regex to clean them up and
diffed them against our RELEASE-NOTES file to find any errors.

We are about one task away from M5, so perhaps everyone could throw
into 3.0 the tasks which they are working on next. When the time is
closer, I'd like to rename 3.0 to 3.0M6 or 3.0beta1 depending on what
is decided at that time. I know I'm doing more organising than code
writing at the moment, but please everyone let me know if you want me
to continue in this fashion.

Ari

Re: jira versions

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.