Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by polofan123 <po...@web.de> on 2012/11/12 17:30:31 UTC

Create durable JCR EventListener in Web Application

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a durable Eventlistener which keeps the view of my web
application up to date by updating it whenever an event is recieved. The
problem I'm facing is that I don't know how to create a session which is
lasting forever. Currently I have an EJB which creates a Session with Write
Access. But I think as soon as the transaction is colsed, so is the session.
Is there a way to keep a session alive during the whole application life
cycle ?

greetings polofan

Re: Create durable JCR EventListener in Web Application

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:30 PM, polofan123 <po...@web.de> wrote:
>...Currently I have an EJB which creates a Session with Write
> Access. But I think as soon as the transaction is colsed, so is the session.
> Is there a way to keep a session alive during the whole application life
> cycle ?...

A static Session variable should work, I assume there's a cleaner way
to do that in an EJB environment but I'm not familiar with EJB.

-Bertrand