Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/01 19:22:11 UTC

maxFileSize

Hi Folks,

My question has a few facets:

   1. How do you get the active maxFileSize value from Tomcat? (Is it
   possible in, say, jConsole?)
   2. Is the default value's ("-1"
   <https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/servletapi/javax/servlet/annotation/MultipartConfig.html#maxFileSize()>)
meaning
   documented anywhere? My guess is that it means "unlimited," but that's just
   a guess. (If it's not documented, I think it should be.)
   3. How do people know how to translate these API items to XML (in
   web.xml)? I know I can find the answer for maxFileSize on StackOverflow,
   but it seems like there should be general guidance on how to make that leap
   (if there isn't specific guidance for those configurations in the official
   documentation).

Thanks,
Jamie

Re: maxFileSize

Posted by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.
That answers my questions (and more) perfectly. Thanks a lot.

Re: maxFileSize

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: maxFileSize

Posted by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: maxFileSize

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: maxFileSize

Posted by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.
Point taken, Christopher. I did just discover that I'm actually running
7.0.59, which isn't as egregious as 7.0.20. (I had got the version
information from an unreliable source before, apparently.)

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Christopher Schultz <

Re: maxFileSize

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: maxFileSize

Posted by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.