Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "M.A.Dunphy" <ma...@bigfoot.com> on 2001/03/08 17:51:06 UTC

Ant with Perforce

Hi all,

We are looking at p4 an our scm and I've been struggling with it and ant's
integration all day and getting nowhere fast.

The build file previously worked in a sandbox environment, i.e depending on
where you ran the build, the source code would be fetched to a relative path
(using VSS) and built from there.

Now I'm trying to do the same with p4, but cant see how to fetch code to a
location relative to where we are running ant?

Can anybody help

Thanks

Mick

Re: Ant with Perforce

Posted by Ringo De Smet <ri...@yahoo.co.uk>.
> Sorry -- I wasn't trying to be exclusive, I just didn't think
> it'd be
> generally useful to the list. It seemed to me the poster was
> asking more
> about Perforce than about Ant, since he was asking how to get
> files from
> the depot into the "current directory", which has to do with
> understanding, first, how Perforce works, not with how the
> <p4> tasks
> provided with Ant work.

I thought he was asking how he could let Ant retrieve the files
from Perforce in the current working directory, which in my case
is the directory where the build.xml file resides. This
interpretation is not exclusively related to Perforce. :)

Greetings,

Ringo

=====
Ringo De Smet
Email @ home: Ringo.DeSmet@bigfoot.com
Email @ work: Ringo.DeSmet.atwork@bigfoot.com

Re: Ant with Perforce

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ringo De Smet <ri...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Diane,
>
> > With Perforce, you do things based on a client workspace. If
> > you want to write me directly, I can give you some general
> > ideas, but ultimately, how you end up dealing with things
> > will depend on your particular setup.
>
> Please don't communicate on such matters in private emails, as
> the useful information doesn't end up in the mailing list
> archives. Other Perforce users can benefit from this
> information, now or in the future, if you use the mailing list.

Sorry -- I wasn't trying to be exclusive, I just didn't think it'd be
generally useful to the list. It seemed to me the poster was asking more
about Perforce than about Ant, since he was asking how to get files from
the depot into the "current directory", which has to do with
understanding, first, how Perforce works, not with how the <p4> tasks
provided with Ant work.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Ant with Perforce

Posted by Ringo De Smet <ri...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Diane,

> With Perforce, you do things based on a client workspace. If
> you want to write me directly, I can give you some general
> ideas, but ultimately, how you end up dealing with things
> will depend on your particular setup.

Please don't communicate on such matters in private emails, as
the useful information doesn't end up in the mailing list
archives. Other Perforce users can benefit from this
information, now or in the future, if you use the mailing list.

Yours sincerely,

Ringo

=====

Re: Ant with Perforce