Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Ryan de Laplante <ry...@ijws.com> on 2007/05/30 06:47:44 UTC

Disabling "Front Page" link in #showPageMenu

Hi,

I'm hosting Roller on my own server and there is only one blog on it.
The #showPageMenu velocity command outputs "Front Page", "Weblog", and
"Login".  In my setup, the first two links bring the user to my blog.
Is it possible to disable "Front Page" in Roller so that only "Weblog"
and "Login" show up?

Thanks,
Ryan

New Registered Users Disabled by Default?

Posted by Andrew Smalera <as...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,
Is there a way to say that users who just registered have disabled accounts
by default?  That way as an admin I can check and verify registrations
before a new user can start blogging.

Also is there a way to say that users can't create new blog entries (only
use existing ones that I've created and assigned to them).

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Disabling "Front Page" link in #showPageMenu

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Ryan de Laplante wrote:
> Perfect, thank you!
>
> I've been working on creating a new Roller theme based on a sharp
> template from styleshoot.  It's almost finished.  There is a button
> effect that I can't do 100% accurately to the theme (even after fiddling
> with the CSS for hours) because of the very few tags in that menu bar.
> It would be most helpful to theme developers if at least one of these
> two things could be added to Roller's default output: (not just on my
> installation)
>
> 1) Change the menu bar list items from:
>
>   <li class="rNavItem">
>   </li>
>
> to have a span inside of the a link:
>
>   <li class="rNavItem">
>   </li>
>

> 2) If Roller knows that one of these list items is currently being
> displayed (such as Front Page or Weblog), then add either an id or class
> of "current" to the list item.
>
> 3) On the comments form, the buttons have a class of "button" which is
> very helpful.  On the search form, the button does not have a class of
> "button" so it gets styled differently.
>

> Should I create a ticket for this?  Do you think the Roller developers
> would consider such a change?

yes you should, and yes we will =)

-- Allen

Posted by Ryan de Laplante <ry...@ijws.com>.