Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Thomas Dandanell Berg <TD...@topdanmark.dk> on 2002/11/27 09:09:05 UTC

Reg.: Xalan-Java version 2.4.1

Hello xalan-j-users,
I have a question about the above-mentioned parser, and if you are not the
one to answer the question please forward me!
My problem is that I have identified a wrong sorting when i use <xsl:sort>.
I live in Denmark and then running Windows NT(Danish)  and then the parser
should default to <xsl:sort lang="da" select="xxx"> but even when I
explicitly write lang="da" it is still wrong but when I use lang="en" it
sorts right w and v right, but our special characters will not be sorted
(like æ, ø and å)!

Input xml:

<start>
  <word >å</word>
  <word >æ</word>
  <word >ø</word>
  <word>Vb</word>
  <word>Wa</word>
  <word>Va</word>
</start>

**** start ****
result when using lang=da:
Va
Wa
Vb

should be(Allways v before w):
Va
Vb
Wa
**** end ****

**** start ****
result when using lang=en:
Va
Vb
Wa

This i right because English do not know our special characters!
**** end ****

We do not sort like this in Denmark and neither in America or England.

Does the parser not support Danish? (it does in some degree! See example)
Does there exist a possible work-around?
Is it possible to set-up when the parser is instantiated?
Is it a bug? (it looks like I bug, but I am not sure)

Do u have an explanation?

I am looking forward hearing from you and thank you for your help.

Regards
Thomas Dandanell Berg

Company: Topdanmark
Denmark