Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net> on 2007/03/06 23:05:54 UTC

Links from main site to Apache OFBiz Communities -> Locales

Hi!

Do you think this site here should still be linked from the official
OFBiz site?

http://www.ofbizchina.com/

As most other locale communities have been using ofbiz.tld I checked and
found that ofbiz.cn as well as ofbiz.org.cn are taken, but also contain
just adveritising / domain parking sites.

Are these domains held by anyone related to the project or did they just
fall victim to domain grabbing?

Which makes me ask, just for curiosity: Is OFBiz a registered trademark.
Would anyone violate the ASF's rights by registering ofbiz.sometld?

Anyway, just FYI, I have just grabbed

- ofbiz.in
- ofbiz.mobi

I will happily transfer donate these domains to the ASF or to any
localization project approved by the OFBiz PMC. Just wanted to make sure
they won't be grabbed by someone who will commercially abuse them.

Regards,
Torsten