Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/18 00:10:21 UTC

running functional tests on flubber

Hi,
I tried to run functional tests on flubber (as user yarn) and I saw a lot
of exceptions in the following form:

Caused by:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException):
Permission denied: user=yarn, access=WRITE, inode="/":hdfs:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkFsPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:265)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:251)

Does this mean user hdfs should be used for these tests ?

Cheers

Re: running functional tests on flubber

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I tried to run functional test on flubber (hor13n02) where java 1.6 runs
YARN.
I got:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/slider/server/appmaster/SliderAppMaster : Unsupported
major.minor version 51.0
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)

Slider doesn't compile using JDK 1.6

So I need to find another cluster.

FYI

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
this is slider 141: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER-141

Ted if you can do the permissions set up, close this issue.

we may want to do this check for the home dir as a preflight for the
functional tests

On 18 June 2014 08:07, Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> The tests have now been modified to use paths relative to user home dir
> (e.g. /user/<testuser>). So the minimal required setup is to create the
> home dir for the user running tests and ensure that it has appropriate
> permission.
>

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > As I understand it, there are some manual steps you need to perform to be
> > able to run the functional tests (including but not limited to creating
> > appropriate directories in HDFS that the yarn user can write to).
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I tried to run functional tests on flubber (as user yarn) and I saw a
> lot
> > > of exceptions in the following form:
> > >
> > > Caused by:
> > >

> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException):
> > > Permission denied: user=yarn, access=WRITE,
> > inode="/":hdfs:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x
> > >         at
> > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkFsPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:265)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:251)
> > >
> > > Does this mean user hdfs should be used for these tests ?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE