Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alexander Perkalsky <ap...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/15 14:39:42 UTC

Slow relative externals

Dear users,

My repository resides on remote server. I noticed that extensive use of
relative SVN externals (>100) significantly slows down the checkout and
update.

What is the underlying reason for that? Is any optimization possible?

I'm using SVN v1.5.5, the server runs under Apache.

Thank you in advance,

Alexander.

Re: Slow relative externals

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 06:39:42AM -0800, Alexander Perkalsky wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> My repository resides on remote server. I noticed that extensive use of
> relative SVN externals (>100) significantly slows down the checkout and
> update.
>
> What is the underlying reason for that? Is any optimization possible?
>
> I'm using SVN v1.5.5, the server runs under Apache.
>
> Thank you in advance,

See this thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/201002.mbox/%3Ccd8179401002080936t3e13043j3a3103fb1d3e3532@mail.gmail.com%3E

Stefan