Posted to regexp-dev@jakarta.apache.org by sp...@haenchen.softwarezentrum.de on 2004/04/15 16:14:19 UTC

Testfile: "" can be "" and null

I am just running the test file "docs/RETest.txt" with JUnit and the test
#209 fails. In the source code of RETest.java there is the comment:
// Consider "" in test file equal to null

Is this realy precise enough to handle empty string as null OR as empty
string?

#209 one parens is empty string, should be null
#75 parens is empty string

Re: Antwort: Testfile: "" can be "" and null

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
sp@haenchen.softwarezentrum.de wrote:

>>Is this realy precise enough to handle empty string as null OR as empty
>>string?
>>
>>#209 one parens is empty string, should be null
>>#75 parens is empty string
>>

>#41 parens is empty string, NOT null

Thanks for reporting. I'd modified test to differentiate null and empty
results.

Vadim

Antwort: Testfile: "" can be "" and null

Posted by sp...@haenchen.softwarezentrum.de.

#41 parens is empty string, NOT null