Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it> on 2017/07/13 22:05:57 UTC

eCommerce PayPal Integration

Hello everyone,

I'm writing because we have integrated PayPal as payment method for our
eCommerce site (running on ofbiz 13.07.03),  and I'd like to share the
thing with the community.

The request of integration of PayPal arrived to us after the eCommerce was
already up and running, and since that the delivery time was quite short,
me and my team chose to take and update the existing methods already
present in OFBIZ,  instead of integrate a complete new gateway (but this
will be the future).

As mentioned, we started from the PayPal java methods present in the
accounting component, in PayPalEvents.java .
We worked, updated and moved to Groovy the methods "callPayPal", that
redirects customer to the PayPal payment gateway, and "payPalIPN", the
listener that send and receive asynchronously IPN messages to/from PayPal
servers.

The original code was quite old and a good work of studying of the
documentation on PayPal development guides was required.

Now the payment flow works well (both sandbox and production), customers
are paying with success and orders are auto processed, depending on IPN
messages.

The only part that we are still developing is the service for crediting
back a transaction.
We are looking for sending the credit request to PayPal via a NVPRequest
(there is something on the online docs): could this be a good way? Is there
anyone who have had similar problems?

Anyway we keep trying and I am at disposal and happy to give further
informations and explanations on the work done, to everyone interested in.

Thanks to all for the attention and thanks in advance for any help or
suggestion.

Giulio

Re: eCommerce PayPal Integration

Posted by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it>.
Thank you very much Pranay,
I will have a better look to those services and go on trying.

Have a good day,

Giulo

--
Giulio Speri

*Mp Styl**e Srl*
via Antonio Meucci, 37
41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
T 059/684916
M 334/3779851

www.mpstyle.it

Re: eCommerce PayPal Integration

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Giulio,

Posted by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it>.
Thank you Taher,

if I succeed to implement the refund operation the payment flow is complete
and I will start to integrate the modifications into the base code, on my
dev installation of ofbiz to test it.
After that, if the community thinks that my work can be useful to improve
ofbiz, I'll we be more than happy to share what I did and make it available
for an integration :).

Giulio

--
Giulio Speri