Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2016/12/01 11:59:21 UTC

Re: How Flink decide which slots to use?

+Till since he is working a lot in these parts.

Could you maybe shed some light on this?

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
There is no deterministic rule what slots are picked by the scheduler.

For tasks that read data from other tasks, Flink will try to respect
locality. Otherwise, the choice is "first that is free".

Best,
Stephan

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.