Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com> on 2005/01/03 12:02:34 UTC

Re: Batik memory leak

Hi G. Wade,

    Please check out current CVS.  I could run your example for
several hours w/o a problem with the new code.

Re: Batik memory leak

Posted by "G. Wade Johnson" <gw...@anomaly.org>.
Terrific!

I'll download it tonight.

Thanks,
G. Wade

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 06:02:34 -0500
Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com> wrote:

> Hi G. Wade,
>
>     Please check out current CVS.  I could run your example for
> several hours w/o a problem with the new code.
>
> G. Wade Johnson wrote:
>
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Thanks for getting back to this.
> >
> > On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:02:57 -0500
> > Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi G. Wade,
> >>
> >>    You might check out current CVS.  I put in a fix for a memory
> >>leak relating to twiddling the xlink:href on an image element.
> >>I'll mention that I don't think this is your memory leak because
> >>it took a _lot_ more twiddles than 100 to run Java out of memory,
> >>but with this fix I was able to alternate between two image refs
> >>all night without any heap growth.
> >

> > I tried the latest CVS and the results have changed. It now takes
> > between 354 and 367 images to generate the out of memory condition.
> >

> >>    Are you loading 100 different images?
> >

> > My application attempts to walk through 482 separate images. Each
> > image is a straight-forward histogram of some data I was working on.
> >

> >>    Anyway if it fixes the problem let me know, and if it doesn't
> >>fix the problem for you a test case would be nice.  Even if you
> >>don't have time for a test case right now, creating a bugzilla
> >>that captures the details you do know might be helpful.
> >

> > I'll see if I can get something into bugzilla this weekend. I just
> > hate reporting a bug without a clean, reproducable test case,
> > preferably a small one.
> >
> > G. Wade

> >"xlink:href">>>>>attribute on existing <use> nodes to point them at
> >different>>>>

> >the>>>>>previously pointed-to <use> referent?

They made a very satisfying thump when they hit the floor.
                            -- G'Kar - "A Late Delivery from Avalon"