Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christopher Bowland <cy...@ec-group.com> on 2001/01/05 17:46:57 UTC

Cocoon and Fop: What objects are supported?

To all:

I have a java application that queries a relational database
and writes an xml file which is then associated with an xsl
stylesheet and transformed into a PDF document using Cocoon.

All of this works well; however, my question is how do I
find out what objects and which attributes are supported
using FOP with Cocoon? I have used both the W3C document and
the Chapter 15 of the XML Bible, but FOP in Cocoon appears
to behave differently than these indicate. (I understand
that some features are not implemented at all and I am not
necessarily refering to them).

Is there some sort of documentation for FOP on Cocoon or is
there a way to devine the supported objects and attributes
from the source code?

Thanks for any help!

cb

--
Christopher Bowland
Enterprise Consulting Group

Re: Cocoon and Fop: What objects are supported?

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 10:46 -0600 05/01/01, Christopher Bowland wrote:
>All of this works well; however, my question is how do I find out what
>objects and which attributes are supported using FOP with Cocoon? I have
>used both the W3C document and the Chapter 15 of the XML Bible, but FOP in
>Cocoon appears to behave differently than these indicate. (I understand
>that some features are not implemented at all and I am not necessarily
>refering to them).

I got caught out like this too, the documentation (like above) and the
capabilities of FOP in reality did not seem to match.

Then I realised that I had FOP 0.13 in my tomcat/lib and the version these
docs are talking about is more like FOP 0.15 or 0.16.

This makes all the difference!!!

I do not think 0.16 works with Cocoon 1 at the moment, but 0.15 is useful ....

Look at the FOP site on apache.org for the list of currently implemented tags.

Hope this helps.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre