Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Rajesh Gupta <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/20 23:55:53 UTC

log4net feature inquiry

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a query about the feature of log4net. I am using :
log4net version   : 1.2
Assembly type   : exe
How code is launched: Using Windows Application (in C#)
Runtime platform: MS Visual Studio.NET 2003

Currently, if the database connecting is lost , the log4net stops
logging to the database .       Is there a way to check for database
connectivity from log4net code. Conditionally, I want to log the events to
System Windows NT Eventlog if the database connection is closed. Is this
conditional feature provided by log4net already ?

I want to use the EventlogAppender only when the database connectivity
is not available .

I would highly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Rajesh Gupta