Posted to commits@cordova.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/03/23 17:32:20 UTC

[Cordova Wiki] Update of "IssueWorkflow" by MarcelKinard

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cordova Wiki" for change notification.

The "IssueWorkflow" page has been changed by MarcelKinard:
https://wiki.apache.org/cordova/IssueWorkflow?action=diff&rev1=21&rev2=22

Comment:
cleaned up some inconsistencies in the name of the git remote

   * Here is a list of what you are [[https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Role+Based+JIRA+Authorization|permitted to do]] in Jira, depending on your role.

  === Providing Patches ===
- There are a couple of ways to provide a patch:
+ There are a few possible ways to provide a patch:
+  * You can send a pull request to the [[https://github.com/search?q=%40apache+cordova|github.com/apache/cordova]]-* repository. This is the preferred way. The instructions below assume this approach.
+    * To ensure that your request is seen, paste the pull request link into the relevant JIRA issue, or in an email to the mailing-list.
   * You can upload patches to Jira via `git format-patch`
   * You could paste a diff to Jira (you won't get authorship if you do this)
-  * You can send a pull request to the [[https://github.com/search?q=%40apache+cordova|github.com/apache/cordova]]-* repository
-    * To ensure that your request is seen, paste the pull request link into the relevant JIRA issue, or in an email to the mailing-list.
   * You should '''always''' call out someone to review your changes. You can pick a reviewer from the  [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Acomponents-panel|component list]].

  == Git Workflow ==
@@ -33, +33 @@

  === Setting up your repository ===
  If you already have a git repository for the area where you'll be doing work, great, you can skip this step.
- The following commands will give you two remotes: origin (apache) and github (your repository). Replace `you` with your github.com account name in the following commands:
+
+ Start by getting a github.com account. Replace `you` with your github.com account name in the following commands.
+
+ Next, find the desired Apache repository on github.com (i.e., https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs.git ) and fork it so that you have your own copy of the repo on your own github.com account (i.e., https://github.com/you/cordova-docs.git ).
+
+ Run the following commands, they will give you two remotes: origin (your repository) and apache (apache):
  {{{
+ $ git clone https://github.com/you/cordova-docs.git
- $ git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-docs.git
+ $ git remote add apache https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-docs.git
- $ git remote add github https://github.com/you/cordova-docs.git
  }}}
  === Update your master branch ===
  You'll want to update from upstream to make sure you're working on the latest code. Work starts from the master branch.

  {{{
- $ git fetch origin
+ $ git fetch apache
  $ git checkout master
  }}}

@@ -196, +201 @@

  $ git checkout CB-1234
  $ git push origin CB-1234
  }}}
+
+ The push command will prompt you for your github.com userid and password.
+
  == Sharing your Changes ==
  By pushing your topic branch onto your fork, a cordova-x committer can review and merge your topic branch into the main repository.

Fwd: [Cordova Wiki] Update of "IssueWorkflow" by MarcelKinard

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
FYI, here are some changes I made today to the contributor workflow. A new person was onboarding using this document and ran into some problems around the names of the git remotes. This should correct that.