Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> on 2014/04/10 08:55:41 UTC

Upgrade to Oak and Mandatory CommitHooks

Hi Jukka

We had an issue during upgrade testing from jackrabbit to oak that seemed
to be
caused by a missing commit hook (PermissionHook) as the access control
content
was present after the upgrade but the entries in the permission store were
missing altogether.

When thinking about it I realised that this problem may also be present for
all other commit hooks that are present and mandatory for a JCR repository
based
on oak: all those defined by the various security related parts (e.g
PermissionHook,
VersionablePathHook, JcrAllCommitHook) as well as the version editor and
so forth.

If my analysis for the issue described above was right and you are about to
fix it, I would be very glad if you could verify that all the required
commit hooks are in place. IMHO it would also make sense to have all the
validators
enabled in order to detect possible inconsistencies early during the
migration
instead of having weird repository behaviour later on which are hard to
track.

Kind regards
Angela

Re: Upgrade to Oak and Mandatory CommitHooks

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> wrote:
> If my analysis for the issue described above was right and you are about to
> fix it, I would be very glad if you could verify that all the required
> commit hooks are in place.

Yes, you're right. See OAK-1719 for a summary. All security-related
hooks are now included and the rest I've reviewed/enabled on a
case-by-case basis.

BR,

Jukka Zitting