Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by "Kitipov, Dobri" <Do...@softwareag.com> on 2007/05/22 13:38:02 UTC

XAResource (e.g. JDBC) integrated with WS-AtomicTransaction !

Hi all,
I would like to ask some questions about how Kandula2 can integrate with
WS-es which have usage of transaction manager (e.g. Atomikos
TransactionsEssentials, SimpleJTA etc.).
As far as I know there are no examples provided which explain the
use-case where we have Kandula2 supporting WS TX and where the WS-es,
which are involved into the WS TX, have a business logic itself
demarcated by atomic TX. Here is a code example of a ws method with TX
behaviour:

	  javax.transaction.UserTransaction tx = getTransaction();
        try
        {
            tx.begin();

		credit(..);
		debit(..);

            tx.commit();
        }
        catch (NotSupportedException e)
        {
        }

Can you provide me with the concept (example) how to bind
KandulaAtomicResource's TX methods (e.g. commit, rollback etc.) with the
one provided by a given transaction manager used in a concrete WS
method? How the above method code example couold be integrated with WS
TX?
I think this is a basic use-case that should be supported by Kandula2,
right? My understanding is that KandulaResource should be aware about
the result of the atomic tx into the method in order to distribute it to
the WS TX (notify the Coordinator about the result). So in this case
KandulaResource is some kind of proxy for the WS method TX?
My question is very close to the one already provided into axis2-dev
mail list. The name of the thread is "XAResource (JDBC) &
WS-AtomicTransaction"
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-axis-user/200701.mbox/%3c4a
c1e6310701200615kd1a9021iebd82e6eed24681b@mail.gmail.com%3e)

Thank you in advance!

Best regards.
Dobri Kitipov
Phone: +359 2 915 36-19 | Fax: +359 2 915 36-23
dobri.kitipov@softwareag.com
Software AG Development Centre Bulgaria EOOD
53-55 General Totleben Blvd. | 1606 Sofia | Bulgaria
www.softwareag.com <http://www.softwareag.com/>