Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jay Lingusgur <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/02 13:51:50 UTC

Jetty/ServiceMix goes into deadlock under load

Hi,

I am using Apache ServiceMix 3.0, I am getting SocketTimedOut Exception when
I do a load test using LoadRunner Tool.

The application goes into a freeze and I can see a message in the log
stating that the Threadpool size of 255 is reached.

I have to restart the application to make it work normally.

I am not sure what is causing the crash is it Jetty or the SEDA queues in
ServiceMix?

I need to get a resolution to this issue ASAP, any help will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Jay

Re: Jetty/ServiceMix goes into deadlock under load

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It seems to me the threadpool run out with sendSync cause this problem.
The possible solution could be
1. use send instead of sendSync as much as possible
2. Enlarge your thread pool[1] and set reasonable timeout for sendSync
can reduce the hang possibility.
3. Another solution is your bc should support message throttle, which
means shouldn't send too much(means more request than the threadpool
size) concurrent request to your se.

[1]http://servicemix.apache.org/thread-pools.html
Freeman

On 2009-7-3, at 下午6:37, Jay Lingusgur wrote:

> here is the Thread Dump:
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24321042/SMX.zip SMX.zip
>

> Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jay,
>>
>> you can increase the threadpool size using the
>> conf/servicemix.properties file.
>>
>> You can find more information around the thread pool tuning here:
>> http://servicemix.apache.org/thread-pools.html
>>
>> This setup is global to SMX (main ExecutorImpl) but you can define
>> the
>> define for each component (using the properties file for each
>> component).
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> Jay Lingusgur wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using Apache ServiceMix 3.0, I am getting SocketTimedOut
>>> Exception
>>> when
>>> I do a load test using LoadRunner Tool.
>>>
>>> The application goes into a freeze and I can see a message in the
>>> log
>>> stating that the Threadpool size of 255 is reached.
>>>
>>> I have to restart the application to make it work normally.
>>>
>>> I am not sure what is causing the crash is it Jetty or the SEDA
>>> queues in
>>> ServiceMix?
>>>
>>> I need to get a resolution to this issue ASAP, any help will be
>>> highly
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Jay

Freeman Fang
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: Jetty/ServiceMix goes into deadlock under load

Posted by Jay Lingusgur <ja...@gmail.com>.

here is the Thread Dump:

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jay,

Posted by Jay Lingusgur <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gert:

Thanks a lot for the quick response. Please find the thread dump for further
analysis.

awaiting a solution from you ...

http://www.nabble.com/file/p24320742/SMX.out SMX.out

Thanks and Regards
Jay

Posted by Jay Lingusgur <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gert:

Thanks a lot for the quick response. Please find the thread dump for further
analysis.

awaiting a solution ...

http://www.nabble.com/file/p24320854/SMX.zip SMX.zip

Thanks and Regards