Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Andre Fonseca <an...@yahoo.com.br> on 2006/03/07 14:08:43 UTC

Problems using JXplorer on Windows XP

Hi there,

Im using JXplorer a Open Source browser to access ApacheDS LDAP server
1.0-RC1 in a Windows XP.
When I started the service using the Tray Monitor I cannot connect to
the server using JXplorer.
If I use ApacheDS 0.9.3 unstable and start the server by command line
using "java -jar apacheds-main-0.9.3.jar" after that I can connect to
the server using JXplorer.
I would like to know if there is some kind of configurations that I
need to set in ApacheDS 1.0 to connect using JXplorer (using the Tray
Monitor to start the server).

Thanks, Andre

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com

Re: Problems using JXplorer on Windows XP

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Andre Fonseca wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel
>
> Im sending the print-screens in a 235k zip file..

Hi Andre,

have you tried to use a port othen than 389? It is configured in

C:\Program Files\apacheds-1.0-RC1\conf\server.xml

My server runs on 10389 instead of 389 for instance.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

Re: Problems using JXplorer on Windows XP

Posted by Andre Fonseca <an...@yahoo.com.br>.
Hi Emmanuel

Im sending the print-screens in a 235k zip file..

Tkx

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andre Fonseca <an...@yahoo.com.br>.
Alex,

--- Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> escreveu:

> Andre Fonseca wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Im using JXplorer a Open Source browser to access ApacheDS LDAP
> server
> > 1.0-RC1 in a Windows XP.
> > When I started the service using the Tray Monitor I cannot connect
> > the server using JXplorer.
> > If I use ApacheDS 0.9.3 unstable and start the server by command
> line
> > using "java -jar apacheds-main-0.9.3.jar" after that I can connect
> > the server using JXplorer.
> > I would like to know if there is some kind of configurations that I
> > need to set in ApacheDS 1.0 to connect using JXplorer (using the
> Tray
> > Monitor to start the server).
> >

> Can you verify first if the server process is running?  Then check
> the
> log files to see if there are issues.  Also another thing you can do
> is
> run the server in debug mode to see the output generated by the
> server.
> Might be nice to have this output.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Faça ligações para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/

Re: Problems using JXplorer on Windows XP

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.