Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk> on 2003/06/20 16:47:32 UTC

Source of stylesheet (was: XSLT warning....)

    Colin> I'm getting the following message: XSLT warning: Fatal
    Colin> Error at (file <unknown>, line 0, column 0): An exception
    Colin> occurred! Type:XMLPlatformException, Message:Could not
    Colin> determine base pathname of the file (, line -1, column -1)

    Colin> How can I tell what the exact problem is? I'm using a
    Colin> SYSTEM-id as the stylesheet source, and a Xerces DOM as the
    Colin> data source, so I assume it's referring to the stylesheet.
    Colin> What sort of URLs are acceptable? file: ?
    Colin> http://localhost/some-file-name ?  (I'm using apache so I
    Colin> assumed place a .xsl file in /var/www/html should work with
    Colin> the latter url).

Further investigation has satisified me it is the stylesheet that is
the problem - Apache yields an error whenever xalan is trying to
access the stylesheet - even if I specify a file name rather than an
http URL. (I should have said, this is within an external fastcgi
server).

But I can parse the stylesheet as a file-name with Xerces, and build a
DOM with it - though I can't seem to use an XSLTInputSource built from
a Xerces DOM as a stylersheet, only as the primary data source.

Why doesn't a Xalan system-id source treat the system-id the same way
as Xerces-c's DOMBuilder? If I specify a system-id of:

/home/colin/xcatalog/transformations/list-all.xsl

Apache (why is apache seeing it at all - Xerces DOMBuilder goes straight to
the local file) sees a request for:

/var/www/html/list-xsl

and gives an error (but such a file actually exists! - as an identical
copy).

I'm lost here.
--
Colin Paul Adams