Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl> on 2013/03/18 15:53:14 UTC

SPARQL Query Results XML Format

Hi Folks,

Is ResultSetMessageBodyWriter in component rdf.web supposed to be
conform W3C recommendation [1]. If so it fails to produce anything for
the specified [2] mime type  "application/sparql-results+xml".

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-XMLres/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-XMLres/#mime

I haven't tried the code yet, but I was looking for a standards
compliant xml resultset renderer. I think I found it and just want to
make sure. If needed I can create a Jira issue and supply a patch.

Regards,

Minto

--
ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis
Software innovator / renovator

Re: SPARQL Query Results XML Format

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl> wrote:

> Thanks Reto,
>
> I will check it out. It's on my todo for tomorrow.
>
> However I do propose another modification since I am interested in the
> MessageBodyWriter only and not in the services offered by rdf.web (I
> have my own rest interface). For this reason I propose to move the
> MessageBodyWriter to a new module jaxrs.sparql.providers just like the
> MessageBodyWriters present in jaxrs.rdf.providers.

It seems to me that ResultSetMessageBodyWriter could be moved to
jaxrs.rdf.providers. Afaik it wouldn't introduce any new depenedency and
the bundle would still be very small.

> This new module could also house the ResultSet JSON serialized form.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-json-res/

In this case I would suggest to declare the dependency to the json modules
as optional so that one can the other stuff without requiring the json
bundle.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>.