Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jwy923 <jw...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/15 16:57:55 UTC

Errors in XMPP Service Unit Creation

I used the following command to create a service unit.

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling -Dar
chetypeArtifactId=servicemix-xmpp-service-unit
-DarchetypeVersion=2008.01-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=lionshare.jabber -Dartifact
Id=lionshare-jabber-bot-su
-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

However, I got the following error message.

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling -Dar
chetypeArtifactId=servicemix-xmpp-service-unit
-DarchetypeVersion=2008.01-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=lionshare.jabber -Dartifact
Id=lionshare-jabber-bot-su
-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Simple Jabber Bot Example
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoad
er'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[WARNING] This goal is deprecated. Please use mvn archetype:generate instead
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: lionshare.jabber
[INFO] We are using command line specified remote repositories:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.servicemix.tooling:servicemix-xmpp-service-unit:2008.01-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from i
d0
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository//org/apache/servicemix/tooling/servicemix-xmpp-service
-unit/2008.01-SNAPSHOT/servicemix-xmpp-service-unit-2008.01-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: OldArchetype does not exist.
Unable to download the artifact from any repository
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Dec 15 10:53:17 EST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 8M/15M
[INFO]

Re: Errors in XMPP Service Unit Creation

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You shouldn't specify the version -DarchetypeVersion=2008.01-SNAPSHOT,
maven will use the correct version(which should be 3.2.3 currently) for
you automatically.

Freeman

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

There is no servicemix-xmpp-service-unit archetype as far as I know
off.  Could you raise a JIRA for adding one (and perhaps provide a patch
for it)?
As a workaround, you can use the plain servicemix-service-unit archetype
and add a dependency to the servicemix-xmpp component in the pom.xml.

Regards,

Gert