Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by David Curley <dc...@oblix.com> on 2001/02/16 19:44:34 UTC

Compiled stylesheet fragment ?

Is there any way to reference one compiled stylesheet from another ?

I'm caching compiled stylesheets that are heavily re-used by similar
requests to my server.  All of my primary stylesheets include
(xsl:include) one or more secondary stylesheets that define
common templates.  (After compiling, this include relationship is
gone and the stylesheet is "flat".)

The cache I have works well, but there are two improvements I'd
like to make:  First, I'd like any modifications to the secondary
stylesheets to be detectable and have only the affected (secondary)
stylesheet reloaded into cache without invalidating the whole cache.
Second, because the secondary sheets are large, I'd like to avoid the
overhead of keeping duplicate copies in my cache if possible.

Being able to reference a secondary sheet in compiled form from
each primary sheet would help with both of these, but I don't see
the way to do it.  Has anyone else come up against this or have a
suggestion ?

thanks,
Dave.