Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by radai <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/03 19:28:36 UTC

backporting a fix to avro 1.7

Hi,

I've recently encountered a bug in avro code generation, for which I
submitted a fix (
https://github.com/apache/avro/commit/be33922c03bd229b885fb9d664b55ce308f6ffaf
).

The issue was discovered while trying to migrate a sizable codebase from
avro 1.4 to 1.7

Would it be possible to back-port this fix to 1.7? bumping 1.7 to latest
would be a lot easier than trying to upgrade 1.4 and now 1.7 code to 1.9
(which is where this will will end up in, when its released?)

I can just open a PR porting the fix to the 1.7 branch (maybe 1.8 branch as
well, for consistency), if thats the procedure.

Thanks in advance,

Radai.

Re: backporting a fix to avro 1.7

Posted by radai <ra...@gmail.com>.
we (linkedin) are doing this as part of a migration path from 1.4 (where a
lot of our code currently is) to 1.7.
migrating everything to 1.8 is not an option right now, and while
eventually we will end up with our own internal fork of 1.7, i was at least
hoping to base it on a new release.

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

--
Ryan Blue