Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@almaden.ibm.com> on 2009/07/20 19:43:57 UTC

a talk on building an email app on Cassandra

Last Friday, I gave an IEEE talk on an email app that we built on top of
Cassandra. Below is the link to the slides. I thought some of the people
here might find this interesting.

http://ewh.ieee.org/r6/scv/computer//nfic/2009/IBM-Jun-Rao.pdf

Jun
IBM Almaden Research Center
K55/B1, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA  95120-6099

junrao@almaden.ibm.com

Re: a talk on building an email app on Cassandra

Posted by Neophytos Demetriou <ne...@gmail.com>.
Jun Rao wrote:
> I thought some of the people
> here might find this interesting.

I did. Thank you very much Jun.

- Neophytos

Re: a talk on building an email app on Cassandra

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@almaden.ibm.com>.
This is on a trunk version of cassandra in June. Currently, this is just a
prototype. We don't have any real users running on the cassandra-based
backend yet.

Posted by Evan Weaver <ew...@gmail.com>.
Woah, nice!

--
Evan Weaver

Re: a talk on building an email app on Cassandra

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Nice!

Posted by Michael Greene <mi...@gmail.com>.
That looks really great, thanks for sharing with us.  Can you add that
to http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArticlesAndPresentations ?

Michael