Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Bill Whittakers <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 13:22:13 UTC

log4j warning messages

Hi
To learn how to use XSSF, I have set up the four examples using Eclipse. They
all work. I would like to know how to setup logging to resolve the following
messages, and/or how to remove logging please?

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.openxml4j).

Thanks
Bill

Re: log4j warning messages

Posted by Christophe Charles <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bill,

Can you zip your eclipse project, and send to me ?

have a good day.

Chris

Re: log4j warning messages

Posted by Bill Whittakers <bi...@gmail.com>.
Christophe Charles <chrcharles67 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Put it in the src directory of your eclipse project.
>
> 2009/2/18 Bill Whittakers <bill.whittakers <at> gmail.com>
>

> > Thank you Chris
> >
> > Please excuse my ignorance, but there are a number of log4j.properties
> > files
> > in various directories on my local drive. Which directory should the file
> > be
> > in?
> >
> > Regards
> > Bill

> > For additional commands, e-mail: user-help <at> poi.apache.org

Hi Chris
It is still reporting the same warnings. I have put the log4j.properties file,
with just the lines you suggested, in the C:\workspace-poi-two\apache-poi-
two\src directory. The example code is in the C:\workspace-poi-two\apache-poi-

Re: log4j warning messages

Posted by Christophe Charles <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: log4j warning messages

Re: log4j warning messages

Posted by Christophe Charles <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Find the log4j.properties file, and in :

log4j.logger.org.openxml4j=DEBUG, stdout

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - %m%n

Best regards

Re: log4j warning messages - success - thanks to Chris

Posted by Bill Whittakers <bi...@gmail.com>.
Bill Whittakers <bill.whittakers <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
> To learn how to use XSSF, I have set up the four examples using Eclipse.
They
> all work. I would like to know how to setup logging to resolve the following
> messages, and/or how to remove logging please?
>
> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.openxml4j).
>
> Thanks
> Bill

Hi anyone following this thread

This is to report that Christophe Charles has very helpful and persistent in
finding a solution.

1. Use the beta 5 release.

2. Put the log4j.properties file in the src directory of the Eclipse project
with the following lines in the properties file:

log4j.logger.org.openxml4j=DEBUG, stdout
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] (%F:%L) - %m%n

3. I had to use the openxml4j-1.0-beta.jar from the beta 4 zip file, as there
was not one in the beta 5 file.

Then the BusinessPLan example runs without warnings and reporting progress to
the Eclipse console.

Thanks to Chris.