Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Anan Narang <an...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/12 08:55:54 UTC

Email App from Openoffice

Hi

I have been using open office for a while on my macbook, on most of the files i have client contact emails, usually when i click on these email address, the apple mail application open up for me to continue writing the emails to selected email address from the .ods file, however this seems to have changed i recently downloaded new version of open office, and when i now click the email address links on the file instead of apple mail opening up the web browser open with my gmail account.

How do i change this back to opening to Apple mail

thank you

Re: Email App from Openoffice

Posted by David Belina <db...@comcast.net>.
Since Gmail is an imap or browser connected mail server, you would have to ba able to call an email app that uses map and would login to gmail (any map email app should do) or you would have to have a browser url string which sends the browser to gmail with your user name and password (probably in the clear - not good) to get to it.  I suggest you just set up Mail (on your Mac) (i use Airmail, my wife uses Outlook and I have no idea what my son is using!) and use it as was set forth below.

On May 12, 2020 at 12:52:26 PM, Chuck Spalding (cspalding3@gmail.com) wrote:

I have the "opposite" question: I *want* the behavior the original poster
described.

How do I configure OpenOffice (on a Mac) to use Gmail as the mail
"application"? The method suggested to the OP doesn't seem applicable,
since Gmail is accessed through a browser—that is, the "application" is the
browser.

I tried putting the path to the browser in Preferences > Internet > E-mail
> E-mail program, but that didn't work (which is not surprising).

(For the record, I do not have the Apple Mail application configured, since
I never use it.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chuck

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 6:56 AM Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com>
wrote:

> On 12/05/2020 10:55, Anan Narang wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have been using open office for a while on my macbook, on most of the
> files i have client contact emails, usually when i click on these email
> address, the apple mail application open up for me to continue writing the
> emails to selected email address from the .ods file, however this seems to
> have changed i recently downloaded new version of open office, and when i
> now click the email address links on the file instead of apple mail opening
> up the web browser open with my gmail account.
> >
> > How do i change this back to opening to Apple mail
>
> From the Help File "On UNIX systems, specifies the e-mail program to
> use when you send the current document as e-mail."
> Go to Preferences -> Internet -> E-mail and browse to your desired mail
> application

[snip]

Re: Email App from Openoffice

Posted by Chuck Spalding <cs...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> On 12/05/2020 10:55, Anan Narang wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have been using open office for a while on my macbook, on most of the
> files i have client contact emails, usually when i click on these email
> address, the apple mail application open up for me to continue writing the
> emails to selected email address from the .ods file, however this seems to
> have changed i recently downloaded new version of open office, and when i
> now click the email address links on the file instead of apple mail opening
> up the web browser open with my gmail account.
> >
> > How do i change this back to opening to Apple mail
>
> From the Help File "On UNIX systems, specifies the e-mail program to
> use when you send the current document as e-mail."
> Go to Preferences -> Internet -> E-mail and browse to your desired mail
> application

[snip]

Re: Email App from Openoffice

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com>.
On 12/05/2020 10:55, Anan Narang wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been using open office for a while on my macbook, on most of the files i have client contact emails, usually when i click on these email address, the apple mail application open up for me to continue writing the emails to selected email address from the .ods file, however this seems to have changed i recently downloaded new version of open office, and when i now click the email address links on the file instead of apple mail opening up the web browser open with my gmail account.
>
> How do i change this back to opening to Apple mail

 From the Help File "On UNIX systems, specifies the e-mail program to