Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Keith Wright <kw...@nanigans.com> on 2014/02/10 19:50:56 UTC

Recommended OS

Hi all,

    I was wondering what operating systems and versions people are running with success in production environments?  We are using C* 1.2.13 and have had issues using CentOS 6.4/6.5.  Are others using that OS?  What would people recommend?  What about Java 6 vs 7 (specific versions?!)?

Thanks!!!

RE: Recommended OS

Posted by "Brust, Corwin [Hollander]" <Co...@HollanderParts.com>.
We're running C* 2.0.5 under CentOS 6.5 and have not noticed anything like you describe.  We have just a couple of pre-production rings (Dev and Test) meaning nothing we have has received particularly intense utilization.

Corwin

From: <Sholes>, Joshua <Jo...@cable.comcast.com>>
Date: Monday, February 10, 2014 at 1:56 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>>
Cc: Don Jackson <dj...@nanigans.com>>, Dave Carroll <dc...@nanigans.com>>

What issues are you running into with CentOS 6.4/5?  I'm running 1.2.8 on CentOS 6.3 and Java 1.7.0-25, and about to test with 1.7.latest.
--
Josh Sholes

From: Keith Wright <kw...@nanigans.com>>
Date: Monday, February 10, 2014 at 1:50 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>>
Cc: Don Jackson <dj...@nanigans.com>>, Dave Carroll <dc...@nanigans.com>>
Subject: Recommended OS

Hi all,

    I was wondering what operating systems and versions people are running with success in production environments?  We are using C* 1.2.13 and have had issues using CentOS 6.4/6.5.  Are others using that OS?  What would people recommend?  What about Java 6 vs 7 (specific versions?!)?

Thanks!!!

________________________________

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information in this electronic mail (and any associated attachments) is intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

________________________________

Re: Recommended OS

Posted by Keith Wright <kw...@nanigans.com>.

From: <Sholes>, Joshua <Jo...@cable.comcast.com>>