Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jan van den Berg <ja...@isp.solcon.nl> on 2006/10/31 08:42:06 UTC

[users@httpd] README file doesn't list when using Options +Indexes

Hi,

I have a strange problem with Apache/2.0.58.

I have a .htaccess file with: Options +Indexes in it, so the contents of
the dir should be listed.

This is true however, a file called README doesn't show up in the list.

When the file is spelled readme, rEADME, Readme or READMe it does!

But when it is in spelled in capital letters it won't show up in the
directory listing.

Other files with only capital letters will show up. So it is just the
word 'README' that seems to be the problem.

How can I avoid this?

Thx.

Jan

Re: [users@httpd] README file doesn't list when using Options +Indexes

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 31.10.06 10:36, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> you probably have the
> ReadmeName README
> directive in config... comment it out or turn it on...

or even

IndexIgnore README ...

remove README off IndexIgnore...

> isn't the context of README displayed at the bottom of the index page? :)

"To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question." [WD1270 Caviar]

Re: [users@httpd] README file doesn't list when using Options +Indexes

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 31.10.06 08:42, Jan van den Berg wrote:
> I have a strange problem with Apache/2.0.58.
>
> I have a .htaccess file with: Options +Indexes in it, so the contents of
> the dir should be listed.
>
> This is true however, a file called README doesn't show up in the list.
>
> When the file is spelled readme, rEADME, Readme or READMe it does!
>
> But when it is in spelled in capital letters it won't show up in the
> directory listing.
>
> Other files with only capital letters will show up. So it is just the
> word 'README' that seems to be the problem.

you probably have the
ReadmeName README
directive in config... comment it out or turn it on...

isn't the context of README displayed at the bottom of the index page? :)

Linux is like a wigwam: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...