Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2019/04/26 15:52:52 UTC

Aapche NetBeans Mavenutilities git repository reorganization

Hi Apache NetBeans folks,

The repository for mavenutils is a bit a "carryall"  repository with
artefacts that are supposed to be release independently and not following
the same lifecycle.
At the time of code donation it was easy for reviewing.

Currently we need to care that mandatory files are in their respective
folder for maven build, this is very error prone.
There is no pom.xml at root also and for maven users it's weird.

I would like to split the repository to ease the workflow and allow
independent lifecycle for each artefacts and focused related PR/commit.

The proposal looks like:

-- usage mostly for others project  (usefull for mavenutils, and
netbeans-html4j, and maven artefacts)
netbeans-parent.git,  Apache NetBeans parent pom,
netbeans-webskin.git, Apache NetBeans maven site webskin for maven build

-- mavenutils
netbeans-mavenutils-parent.git, Apache NetBeans Maven Utils parent pom
netbeans-mavenutils-nbm-shared.git, Apache NetBeans Maven Utils shared lib
netbeans-mavenutils-nbm-maven-harness.git, Apache NetBeans Maven Utils
Harness
netbeans-mavenutils-nb-repository-plugin.git, Apache NetBeans Maven Utils to
populate repository with Apache NetBeans bits
netbeans-mavenutils-nbm-maven-plugin.git, Apache NetBeans Maven Utils Plugin
to build/run Apache NetBeans Platform using Maven

-- archetypes
netbeans-mavenutils-archetype-nbm-archetype.git, Apache NetBeans Maven
Archetypes for Apache NetBeans Module
netbeans-mavenutils-archetype-nbm-suite-root.git, Apache NetBeans Maven
Archetypes for Apache NetBeans Module Suite
netbeans-mavenutils-archetype-netbeans-platform-app-archetype.git, Apache
NetBeans Maven Archetypes for Apache NetBeans Platform Application

Does it make sense ?

Best Regards
Eric

RE: Aapche NetBeans Mavenutilities git repository reorganization

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Will do that.

Regards
Eric