Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Robert Ward <rw...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/23 03:41:33 UTC

Update for those having database upgrade issues recently

Hello,

If you have been one of the unfortunate ones with the recent database upgrade problem I have stumbled across a possible solution...at least in my case.

Looking a little closer at the logs it seems there was some sort of java disconnect triggering the DB upgrade issue so I decided to downgrade the mysql-connector-java module. In my case that did the trick! Everything seems to working ok so far.

BTW - I am running mysql-connector-python-8.0.19 so that may have not been the culprit after all.

Robert

Re: Update for those having database upgrade issues recently

Posted by Robert Ward <rw...@gmail.com>.
Since this issue is causing a lot of consternation among users I thought I would add this to help.

Instead of using wget or pip to downgrade mysql or the faulty modules I suggest you do this after you have installed Mysql and CS but before you run the setup databases script (if you downgrade after running the script it will fail the DB upgrade process during CS setup):

yum downgrade mysql-connector-python

yum downgrade mysql-connector-java

This should downgrade the modules to 8.0.18 and 5.1.25 respectively.

Posted by Sean Lair <sl...@ippathways.com>.
Yep, see this Issue:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/3826