Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matthew Beermann <mb...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/06 17:40:12 UTC

maven-plugin-testing-tools and code coverage?

Lately, I've been using the maven-plugin-testing-tools to create unit tests for my plugins, and it works like a charm - mostly. However, I've discovered that I can't get code coverage data using either Clover or Cobertura - they always come up with 0% coverage.

Is this an inherent limitation of the testing harness, or am I just using it wrong? In a nutshell, I'm calling PluginTestTool.preparePluginForUnitTestingWithMavenBuilds(), followed by BuildTool.executeMaven(). And, if it /is/ just the nature of the beast, are there any JIRA issues open on enhancing it?

Thanks,
--Matthew Beermann