Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by NetSQL <ma...@friendVU.com> on 2005/03/16 13:17:39 UTC

ann/ot?: linux distro to include much of jakarta, it ships w/ struts, tomcat, eclipse

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47711

Some of you will be excited, I am. I am still downloading, I hope you
have a spare box.

.V

Re: ann/ot?: linux distro to include much of jakarta, it ships w/ struts, tomcat, eclipse

Posted by NetSQL <ma...@friendVU.com>.
Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> As long as gij doesn't come even close to pass the certification tests,
> I'm not really interested in building my business on it.

I still plan to use jRockit VM 1.5 (you can use Sun 1.5 if you like)
.... but I realy hope that GNU Classpath (and GCC/GCJ) catch up. (mostly
becuase I need them on Windoze to deploy an app.)

They need to pass my unit test, mostly Swing (Classpath on Windoze), and
if that works, in my case I am fine.

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.
AFAICS they build with gij, which leaves me less than thrilled. Or to
quote James Gosling "testing is very important. The Java test suites
contain 200.000 - 300.00 tests".

As long as gij doesn't come even close to pass the certification tests,
I'm not really interested in building my business on it.

	Regards
		Henning

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 06:17 -0600, NetSQL wrote:
> http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47711
>
> Some of you will be excited, I am. I am still downloading, I hope you
> have a spare box.
>
> .V

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

"Now you can start with implementation and integration and do the
requirements later".  -- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Manfred Broy about the new
german federal software development standard "V-Model XT"
(found at http://de.biz.yahoo.com/050207/299/4en0t.html)

Re: ann/ot?: linux distro to include much of jakarta, it ships w/ struts, tomcat, eclipse

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
FC4 test1 include works provided in jpackage.org.

Suse 9.3 should do the same