Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by hu...@aol.com on 2010/02/10 18:34:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Issue with aliasmatch and matching base directories

 Hello,

I am making a diligent but a failing effort trying to match directories in the base of the apache root for my site.

My latest incarnation did not work
 AliasMatch ^/([^.*])$ /www/html/includes/director.php

Have searched the web, and just cannot get this figured out.

This would match, if a user requests
http://www.test.com/help (any directory name but not a file)

These would not match
http://www.test.com
http://www.test.com/
http://www.test.com/anyfile.php
http://www.test.com/help/morehelp

I will have ACTUAL directories off the root, but I will check for those and control those in the script, though, it
would be nice if an actual directory would be handled by apache and not by the AliasMatch.

Just need to work with virtual directories that will be pulled from a db. So if someone http://www.test.com/mysite,
I can query the DB based on mysite.

Thank You