Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> on 2015/01/17 19:13:30 UTC

OpenOffice 5 - Make two pt_PT dictionaries possible

Hello!

The other day there was a post about a guy wanting to create a Gothic
language for AOO.

I was wondering if someone could implement for Portuguese the
possibility of having two pt_PT dictionaries installed at the same time:
1) pt_PT (pre-reform)
2) pt_PT (post-reform)

The thing is, every time I want to switch between them, I have to
uninstall and reinstall which is painful, even more because 1) doesn't
auto update and one has to download by hand from the Minho University's
FTP server.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
          ----------------------

Re: OpenOffice 5 - Make two pt_PT dictionaries possible

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Marco,

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 06:13:30PM +0000, Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The other day there was a post about a guy wanting to create a Gothic
> language for AOO.
>
> I was wondering if someone could implement for Portuguese the possibility of
> having two pt_PT dictionaries installed at the same time:
> 1) pt_PT (pre-reform)
> 2) pt_PT (post-reform)
>
> The thing is, every time I want to switch between them, I have to uninstall
> and reinstall which is painful, even more because 1) doesn't auto update and
> one has to download by hand from the Minho University's FTP server.

As a workaround that doesn't require to modify the source code, you can
try an approach similar to
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/french-dictionaries
This one plays with the configuration; it has the drawback that you need
to restart OpenOffice because of all the cached stuff.

More than one dictionary per language might be too resource-expensive
(besides, implementing it requires development resources).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina