Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2008/03/07 17:43:17 UTC

svn: 'path' has no ancestry information

Hi all,

After checking out a branch of code with svn v1.4.6, and making some
changes on that branch and trying to commit, I am getting the following
error:

87-194-125-16:~/src/standard/alchemy/development/mx/branches/Accumulator
minfrin$ svn commit -m "comment"
svn: '/Users/minfrin/src/standard/alchemy/development/mx/branches' has
no ancestry information

The directory mx/branches indeed has no ancestry information, because
the branch Accumulator was checked out in that directory, but I don't
know why this matters.

Is there a workaround for this?

Regards,
Graham