Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by "lgilardoni61@gmail.com" <lg...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/22 21:50:48 UTC

Building a

Hi I was looking at producing a printable version of a *set* of pages.

My first idea was to have a page index, and from that recurring to
subpages to get their content.
To start with I had a look at the Referred Pages Plugin, to get the
subpages; problem is while original version went to parse the page,
current version (2.8.x) use the referencemanager, whcih is surely faster
but seems to return subpages *always* ordered (lexicographically),
which is what I do NOT want.

So questions ..
1) should i fall back to original parsepage approach or is there any way
to obtain links from refManager not sorted (I suspect not but ...)?
2) anyone already went this path .. to avoid duplicating effort?

Any hint appreciated

Luca

Re: Building a Printable Version

Posted by "lgilardoni61@gmail.com" <lg...@gmail.com>.
Well, it make some sense.
I'm doing it a bit differently, made a WikiBook.jsp cloning Wiki.jsp and
including a ViewBook.jsp template. Then, in ViewBook.jsp:

<%
     // start from passed page
     // get links and follow them - 1 level
     // collapse
     try {
     WikiContext wikiContext = WikiContext.findContext( pageContext );
     WikiEngine wikiEngine = wikiContext.getEngine();
     String pagereq = wikiContext.getName();

     String htmlPage = wikiEngine.getHTML(pagereq);
     WikiPage wikiPage = wikiContext.getPage();
     Collection wikiLinks =
wikiEngine.scanWikiLinks(wikiPage,wikiEngine.getPureText(wikiPage));

     %><h1><%=pagereq%></h1><%=htmlPage%><%
     Iterator wikiLinkIterator = wikiLinks.iterator();
     for (; wikiLinkIterator.hasNext();) {
         String wikiLink  = (String) wikiLinkIterator.next();
         String htmlLinkPage = wikiEngine.getHTML(wikiLink);
         %><h1><%=wikiLink%></h1><%=htmlLinkPage%><%
            }
     } catch (Exception ex) {out.println(ex);}
%>

Obtaining more or less the same. Obviously I could go down recursively -
assuming the structure is reasonable.
This way also you can control overall page structure ... and you can use
the h1 for first level headings (and build the toc outside).
I'll post were i will end up