Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "webmaster@oredelmondo.it" <we...@oredelmondo.it> on 2005/03/31 14:43:49 UTC

Upper bound to use file repository

Witch is the upper bound to use file system as mail repository?

My server serve one domain and has 5 accounts
only one of them has high mail traffic about 100 mail per day

Is this the case to use the database or not?
using file system to repository has alse performance impact or it is
only for reliable?

Regards

Re: Upper bound to use file repository

Posted by ap...@bago.org.
> Witch is the upper bound to use file system as mail repository?
>
> My server serve one domain and has 5 accounts only one of
> them has high mail traffic about 100 mail per day
>
> Is this the case to use the database or not?

500 mails per day is really low traffic. You should have no problems with
file system repositories.
AFAIK you can use fs repositories also with thousands mails per day.

Stefano