Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Christopher Peerman <cp...@mpc-data.co.uk> on 2002/11/14 16:14:31 UTC

Try task

I have developed a Try Task which calls another target on a "Build
Exception", I have been using it now to two weeks and it seems to work quite
well.

  <?xml version="1.0"?>

  <project name="TryExample" default="main" basedir=".">
    <!-- Used to load the task -->
    <taskdef name="try" classname="ant.Try"/>

    <!-- Main build method -->
    <target name="main">
      <!-- Try is a wrapper for other tasks. If an error occurs the target
           errorhandler is called
      -->
      <try handler="errorhandler">
        <javac srcdir="." destdir="."/>
      </try>
    </target>

    <target name="errorhandler">
      <echo "error occured"/>
    <target/>
  </project>

I was wondering whether it would be useful in the ANT project.

Yours sincerely,

Christopher Peerman.

Re: Try task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Christopher Peerman <cp...@mpc-data.co.uk>
wrote:

> I was wondering whether it would be useful in the ANT project.

There already is one in the ant-contrib project, see
<http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/ant-contrib/manual/tasks/index.html>.

Maybe you can enhance the task over there with ideas from your task?

Stefan