Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Niven <Jo...@marcat.com> on 2002/03/27 17:50:14 UTC

RE: Who use Tomcat as a stand-alone server in production environm ent ?

We do - or are in the process of doing - though probably only as a temporary
measure.  I'll elaborate...

I've been working on an intranet application developed (by a different
development house) on Tomcat, then migrated to JRun.  It currently runs on
JRun/IIS.  The client has issues with JRun, and we're currently moving back
to Tomcat.  At the same time, we're moving towards a distributed model, with
Tomcat servers dotted over a WAN.  As only the application (a time recording
app) is hosted on the Tomcat servers, there's no longer any need for a
dedicated HTTP server, and for simplicity we're sticking to
standalone-Tomcat -- for the moment at least.

If the various regional offices decide to develop their own web-services,
it's highly likely we'd recommend that they use IIS or Apache with Tomcat
(the local boxes are all NT, but the client shares our concerns about IIS).

Hope this helps,
John

> 	Rand

John Niven